What is a Multi Family Office (MFO)?
Here at Clarity, we are glad to serve our clients within the Multi Family Office model. However, many people are curious what exactly a MFO is. The article below, care of FamilyOffice.com, helps explain what we do:
"Individuals and families with assets greater than ($5 million) may be best served by a multi-family office (MFO) or a financial institution with a dedicated wealth management specialization. Multi-family offices have historically provided high net worth families with comprehensive financial services and confidentiality not available from larger, product-driven financial institutions. Participating families have access to a wide array of integrated services that are not collectively offered anywhere else.
Value added by multi-family offices includes:
- Financial quarterback supported by specialists in each field
- Teams of qualified professionals who can collaborate
- Continuity of service
- Experience in managing generational transitions
- Better risk management policies and procedures
- More comprehensive information systems
- A tactical, values-based approach to investing, transaction planning and philanthropy"