What is a Multi Family Office (MFO)?Submitted by Clarity Capital Partners on April 22nd, 2015
Here at Clarity, we are glad to serve our clients within the Multi Family Office model. However, many people are curious what exactly a MFO is. The article below, care of FamilyOffice.com, helps explain what we do:
"Individuals and families with assets greater than ($5 million) may be best served by a multi-family office (MFO) or a financial institution with a dedicated wealth management specialization. Multi-family offices have historically provided high net worth families with comprehensive financial services and confidentiality not available from larger, product-driven financial institutions. Participating families have access to a wide array of integrated services that are not collectively offered anywhere else.
Value added by multi-family offices includes:
- Financial quarterback supported by specialists in each field
- Teams of qualified professionals who can collaborate
- Continuity of service
- Experience in managing generational transitions
- Better risk management policies and procedures
- More comprehensive information systems
- A tactical, values-based approach to investing, transaction planning and philanthropy"